Friday, May 8, 2009

What if I don't want to Web 2.0?

I have started this blog as part of a work assignment for Texas Wesleyan that involves exploring Web 2.0. For someone who never checks their FaceBook (do those things die if you don't use them?), this is somewhat daunting. However, I have decided to stop worrying about my incredible dearth of exciting stories/ pithy comments/ innapropriate (but hilarious) jokes and blog already. So I will probably mostly talk about what I'm reading and listening to and perhaps bemoan the fact that my house is never, ever clean (I know what you're all thinking but Mike is actually the slob, not me). So here we go. Is anybody still there?

I'm reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery and it is just lovely. In my next life, I want to write just like her, oh and speak French just like her, too.

Mike and I have been listening to Emiliana Torrini's new CD, Me and Armini, and really like it as well. She is Icelandic, just like Bjork, but much more ethereal and less raw. I even play most of the CD in yoga class. Another recent addition to the Yoga Playlist on the old Ipod is Matt Ward's (M. Ward) Hold Time. Also excellent. Of course it is entirely possible that no one really likes what I play in yoga class and they are all too nice to tell me. Let's keep it that way.

7 comments:

  1. You're doing very well with the writing part--don't know about the French. I have a Twitter account, but just can't seem to get into it, so I understand your Twitter-refusal. I wonder how these folks get any work done if they're twittering all the time. I also have a blog, but it's hit and miss. I do try to post at least twice weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say that I always like to hear what people are reading and listening to, so keep it up. Where are your yoga classes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check that book out! I just finished Special Topics in Calamity Physics and thought it was pretty terrific -- looking for something new to jump into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do yoga from my iphone, but I am cheap. :) and shy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always a pleasure reading anything you write, because you are a great writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the music we listen to in yoga & now glad to know what it is. Also, nice to know of a good book to read. But the nicest thing is knowing your house isn't spotless (no matter who you blame it on!). I would hate to think you have a full time job, teach yoga, have various other part-time jobs, cook like a pro & have a clean house - I would have to stop being your friend.

    ReplyDelete