Friday, August 14, 2009

23 Thing Number 20

Of course, like everyone else, I have perused funny videos on YouTube (sneezing panda anyone?) and even a few heartwarming ones (hugging guy). I hadn't really thought about YouTube could be used in libraries until just now though. I typed in "texas libraries" and got more hits than I was expecting. Apparently, UT Austin has videos about finding books and articles in their library. I think that's pretty smart actually. The college students who need this information certainly use YouTube. While I'm not sure that all of the Web 2.0 applications we've discussed will stand the test of time, YouTube seems to be here to stay. It is also incredibly popular with young people. Thus, I think libraries should find ways to utilize this application, both in terms of outreach and instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment