Friday, August 14, 2009

23 Things Number 21

I watched some of the podcasts from other libraries and thought they did a really good job. For our patrons (college students), I think podcasts of how to locate books and articles, how to use the databases, and maybe a tour would be most useful. Public libraries probably have a bit more leeway in terms of making purely entertaining podcasts but I don't know if that would fly at a university library. You know, academia and all that. Podcasts of lectures, either by visiting lecturers or faculty, would also be cool to include somewhere on the library webpage. I'm not quite sure of the departmental politics of that, however. Podcasts, like Wikis and Google Docs, seem to me to have some very practical applications for libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment