Friday, August 14, 2009

23 Things Number 19

I just tried Google Docs for the first time. I rambled off a response to an article I read in New York Times magazine about how many people no longer prepare their own food. This is a fascinating subject to me because I love to cook and I'm frightened of preservatives. Then, I emailed it to myself. I am still waiting to hear back. This is another really practical application, not just for libraries but for most fields. It allows people to exchange information and collaborate on projects even if they are geographically remote from one another. I did a short Word document and a small spreadsheet (a budget for an upcoming trip). The word document was very similar to Word. The spreadsheet was a little more simplistic than Excel--a little more utilitarian. My husband is an accountant, though, and I'm not sure he would like. He relies heavily on Excel and thus needs a bit more sophistication than I do. Overall, however, I like this application and think it is really practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment