Thursday, August 13, 2009

23 Things Number 12

Ok. I did it. I'm not happy about it but I did it. I signed up for Twitter. I will not say what I am doing, however. I refuse. A girl has to have her principles. I am standing up (all 4'10" of me) and putting my (size 51/2) foot down. In all seriousness, I am adverse to the concept of Twitter. Why does the world need to know what you had for breakfast? Let's face it. Most of us, we're not that interesting. Coast Guard rescue swimmers? Iranian revolutionaries? Bear Grylls? Okay, you got me (though I bet they have about the same things for breakfast the rest of us do). Does all of this play into a sort of cultural narcissism where we all think we are so important that everyone we know wants to hear what we're doing every moment of the day? I think it just might. That and I am offended that Twitter "suggested" Ashley Tisdale as someone I might want to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment