Tuesday, August 11, 2009

23 Things Numbers 1& 2

Since I was not sure if my any of my blog entries actually correlated to the 23 Things, I have decided to begin anew and label them properly. Clearly, I have been blogging for a while and I actually rather like it. I don't think I have much of an audience so it's kind of like talking to myself online but oh well. I took the oppurtunity to reread some of the Thing Number 2 articles in order to write this post. I, too, am a bit skeptical of "Library 2.0". The whole thing does seem the teensiest bit kitschy. However, I think that Mr. Blyberg is correct when he says that the advent of the Web and Google has quintessentially changed the nature of what we do and, if we are to survive and prosper, we must find ways to navigate this post-Google world. I question whether Library 2.0 is practical enough in it current incarnation but do believe that the basic, underlying concept is an important one.

No comments:

Post a Comment